May I encourage you to get your spiritual ‘Nuggets’ to start your day off right? Pretty amazing that our awesome God would consider feeding even us with His Word! May I encourage you to read the whole devotional, and look for a blessing, friend!………
Today’s Bible Reference: Luke 11:2–4
Today’s Bible Text: Jesus said to them, “When you pray, say this:
‘Father: May your holy name be honored; may your Kingdom come. Give us day by day the food we need. Forgive us our sins, for we forgive everyone who does us wrong. And do not bring us to hard testing.’ ”
The Bible Translation: The Good news Translation (GNT)
My Take Away: There are some basic elements to this lesson from Jesus on how we should pray, that I believe, we should all pay close attention to, and incorporate into our prayer lives:
- Father – Address the One to whom you are praying. This is not a general prayer to the church where you are asking for volunteers to help you with certain concerns of your life;
- May Your holy name be honored – Our God is worthy, and is to be honored for the awesome God that He is. In spite of the most serious prayer concerns that we could possibly have for God, yet there is so much that we can recognize in His goodness and mercy towards us. Take time to glorify Him and worship Him;
- May Your kingdom come – What’s your heart’s condition? Would you be ready to go with Him if His kingdom came today – if He came for you today?
- Give us…, forgive us…. – Recognize that you are a needy person in desperate need of a most worthy God. Place your needs at His feet and ask His forgiveness for all your failures and shortcomings;
- Forgive others – Recognize that you are asking God’s forgiveness because you have been faithful in forgiving others;
- Hard testing – Know that the only thing that separates you from the challenges, trials and testing this world/Satan dishes out, is the grace of God. Ask for God’s strength to properly handle those things and to protect you from them. Remember, He is worthy!
Friends, I believe that many of you may struggle with how to pray. That’s not new, for Jesus responded to the same dilemma that His followers had – as in our subject verses today. I hope that this will help you.
Prayer: Praise God that we serve such an awesome, all-powerful God! Jesus, please touch our hearts again today as we deal with such elementary, yet very powerful, subjects as ‘prayer’. We are a needy people who desperately need an all powerful Savior to hold our hands and direct our thoughts, our actions and our words today. In thanksgiving, I ask these things for my readers and myself dear God, AMEN!
Footnote: If you have been challenged to make a decision today after reading this devotional, please speak with a local Bible Teaching Pastor, or contact me at NuggetsFromGodsWord@outlook.com. Allow someone to pray with you and give you help and/or encouragement as you begin, or continue your walk with Jesus. Words underlined in my blog could indicate a link to a song that came to mind as I wrote the devotional. Feel free to click on the link and listen as you continue to read or pray. If this devotional was forwarded to you and you would like to see more, please go to www.nuggetsfromgodsword.org and read more, or you may freely to subscribe for a daily email conveniently containing each day’s devotional. If you are anywhere near the Highlands County, Florida area and do not have a church home, I would be thrilled to welcome you at Bible Fellowship Church, located at 3750 Hammock Rd, Sebring, FL 33872! Click the link to check out service times and/or other special activities. God is at work among us! Please consider coming to worship with us!