Scripture: 2 Samuel 7.
2 Samuel 7:18 (NLT)
18 Then King David went in and sat before the LORD and prayed, “Who am I, O Sovereign LORD, and what is my family, that you have brought me this far?
(How Can I apply what God is saying here to my life today?)
Many times we go through our day and never analyze the things we did, the words we spoke, the many things we allowed to enter our soul through our eyes and through our thoughts and ears, yet we can reflect and see the many ways that God has laid His hand upon us and blessed us:
- He sent His Son as a sacrifice that we may have life everlasting with Him in heaven!
- He kept us safe on the highways – when often we will pass accidents that have occurred;
- He gave us our jobs (that we often grumble and complain about) – when we see so much unemployment and the effects from it;
- He kept us in good health – when we see so many in hospitals, or even losing their jobs because of poor health;
- He placed us around people so that we might share His love – while many are dying from loneliness and depression;
- He blessed us with family and friends as our support network – while many go home to a lonely place with no one to share the joys and challenges of their day with;
- He blessed us with a body of believers (the church) so that we may be enriched and, in turn, be a blessing to others – while many Christians throughout the world would be shot or terrible mistreated if it was known by the authorities that they did such a thing.
Friends, when we stop and think about all of the above, and lots more, we can easily pray as David did, who am I to deserve such special treatment. But friend, I want you to know that royalty is often treated supremely, and we are indeed children of the King – My God is King of all kings, maker of this universe and ruler of this entire world! Yes, that’s my Father; my King and my Lord! That’s Why We Praise Him today friend! And He can be yours today also! Please ask your pastor how to accept Him, or write to me at the email address below and I will gladly pray with you and guide you into the path of salvation
(What I will ask of God, in order for me to properly apply His Word to my life)
Lord Jesus, thank You for Your love, Your sacrifice and for all You do for me each day. I love You Lord, and I life My Voice in praise to You. Thank You! Please soften the hearts of my friends that may read this devotional today, or that may simply need You today. Lord You are good and Your mercies endure forever! Thank You!
**Words underlined may be a hyperlink to a song that God laid on my heart while sharing this devotional this morning. Click it and be blessed by the song, like I was when I listened to it! …… I would be overjoyed to have the opportunity to pray with you about a need in your life that may, or may not have been highlighted by this Nugget today. Why not drop me a note and tell me about it? You may email me at: