God’s Word Says….
Psalm 15 (NCV)
1 Lord, who may enter your Holy Tent? Who may live on your holy mountain? 2 Only those who are innocent and who do what is right. Such people speak the truth from their hearts 3 and do not tell lies about others. They do no wrong to their neighbors and do not gossip. 4 They do not respect hateful people but honor those who honor the Lord. They keep their promises to their neighbors, even when it hurts. 5 They do not charge interest on money they lend and do not take money to hurt innocent people. Whoever does all these things will never be destroyed.
I believe that those of us who aim to do what is right in God’s sight will constantly read His Word and look for areas of our lives that need correction. However, some of us are so caught up in the world that we don’t want to be the odd ball at the party, so we give in to the ways of the world. David asked the question in verse one, then he proceeded to share the answer to his question in the remaining verses. A commentator that I trust, explained that there are eight characteristics that David revealed in verses 2-5 that perfectly describes a man of integrity:
1. He speaks the truth sincerely rather than being double-tongued, saying what is true some of the time and lying at other times (2c).
2. He does not slander other people by saying things that are untrue and destructive about them (3a).
3. He does not do evil to his neighbor (i.e., anyone with whom he comes in contact, 3b; cf. Prov. 14:17–24).
4. He does not initiate or propagate information that would discredit others (3c).
5. He does not approve of those who turn away from the Lord but honors others when they choose to follow God’s ways (4a-b).
6. He keeps his promises even when it costs him to do so (4c).
7. He does not charge interest on money he loans to his brethren thus taking advantage of their weakness (5a; cf. Exod. 22:25; Lev. 25:36).
8. He does not pervert justice for his own advantage and so bring hardship on others (5b; cf. Deut. 27:25).
In conclusion David observed that such a person will experience stability in his life as well as enjoying intimate fellowship with God.
No man is righteous without the hand of God working in and through his life. However, God will not work through an unclean vessel. So if you desire to live a life of integrity, then I urge you to seek ye first the kingdom of God. Invite Jesus into your heart and allow Him to take control of your decisions and your actions. Tell Him of your desire to be a person of integrity that others may safely follow after. Be able to say like Paul, that to follow you is to follow Christ. There is absolutely nothing like giving our young people, and lost people in general, a modeled life that truly reflects the image and character of our Lord Jesus. May I suggest that you read the above qualities over and over so that you may commit to them and seek, through God’s help, to be a person/Christian of integrity. Others around you are desperately looking for an example to follow. Don’t disappoint them!
Father, I am convinced that when we plunder through this life without purpose, or without commitment to You, then we are tossed by every fad, and every practice of this evil world. You sent us into this world so that we may be a light in the middle of the darkness of sin. Our light is quickly distinguished and ineffective when we follow the ways of this world instead. We become the ones needing to be ministered to. Please help us to catch a glimpse of the need for You in our lives daily, and help us to be so consistent in our walk that we would be considered persons of integrity, as measured by You. People need the Lord. May they see enough of Jesus in us that they may be reassured of the gift of salvation and want to know our Savior and Lord, Jesus Christ. I ask all this in the precious name of Your Son, Jesus my Lord. AMEN!
In response to God leading You through this devotional today, please get with a Bible teaching Pastor you may know and allow him to guide you. Otherwise feel free to reply to my post online, or you may email me directly at NuggetsFromGodsWord@outlook.com. I will gladly add you to my prayer list, and/or respond to your request(s) ASAP.