SCRIPTURE FROM: Psalm 104:7-12 (TLB)
TEXT: 7-8 You spoke, and at the sound of your shout the water collected into its vast ocean beds, and mountains rose and valleys sank to the levels you decreed. 9 And then you set a boundary for the seas so that they would never again cover the earth. 10 He placed springs in the valleys and streams that gush from the mountains. 11 They give water for all the animals to drink. There the wild donkeys quench their thirst, 12 and the birds nest beside the streams and sing among the branches of the trees.
OBSERVATION: The Psalmist saw beyond answered prayer in his own life, or blessings showered on him personally, to also recognizing that the same God who does all of that, is also the God who created everything around us with such purpose and creativeness in mind. Our God is indeed an Awesome God and Creator!
APPLICATION: I sometimes wonder if we truly ever slow down enough to reflect on the ways that God blesses each and every day. For I believe that if we did, there would not be enough hours in the day for us to thank our Creator for doing all of this just for us. You think about your typical day and I will share a few things that I can think of right from the start of my typical day:
- I am able to rise from my warm bed each day – so I can praise God that I didn’t have to sleep in the cold, on a piece of cardboard under a bridge, with or without a blanket; I was blessed with air to breathe on my own; I was blessed with strength and mobility to actually get out of bed;
- I had an inside bathroom to use and didn’t have to go to an outhouse or a nearby tree!
- I was able to put on a different set of clothes than I’ve been wearing all week, and they have been washed and prepared;
- I have a wonderful wife who will sacrifice her morning sleep-in to get up and prepare lunch for me. Yes there was food to prepare.
- I have a job to go to, and had no reason to wait on long lines at the unemployment agency;
- I am blessed to have a car to drive to work in, and not have to wait for a bus service or wait by the roadside for a ride with a friend; Thankful for the wisdom God gave to His children to make automobiles and especially hybrid powered cars;
Friends, can you see how much we overlook praising God for before we even begin our trek to work? I could easily have gone on to speak about the wild life, animals and trees that I enjoy seeing as I travel, and multiple other things that we would ordinarily pass by every day without thinking of praising God for His blessings on us. Remember, He did all of this for us, plus a whole lot more, and I believe that we would have done this if we were the only ones that He wanted to bless! Praise God from whom all blessings flow! Our God is an awesome God! How Great Thou Art! How Great is our God! These are just a quick reminder of songs of praise we can offer up to God, and yes, He loves your singing voice just the way it is, for He never made any junk!
PRAYER: Thank You Lord for Your mercies on me! Lord, You are so good and so merciful to me, and I’m sure that as my readers meditate on this devotional today, they too will realize that even when things appear to be going sideways for them, yet they can still find so many ways that You are blessing them. Please help us to keep our minds so fixed on You and the many wonderful blessings that You bestow on us that the minor issues that we face each day would seem immaterial. Lord I know that You bless us, please help us to recognize those blessings more vividly each day, and pour out our thanksgiving to You. AMEN!
FOOTNOTE: There are two more pages on my blog that will provide you with additional information, one of them being ‘To Know Jesus’. If you have been challenged to make a decision today after reading this devotional, please click on the above page, or speak with a local Bible Teaching Pastor, or contact me at NuggetsFromGodsWord@outlook.com. Please allow someone to pray with you and give you help and/or encouragement as you begin, or continue your walk with Jesus. Words underlined in my blog could indicate a link to a song that came to mind as I wrote the devotional. Feel free to click on the link and listen as you continue to read or pray. If this devotional was forwarded to you and you would like to see more, please go to Nuggets From God’s Word and read more, or you may freely to subscribe for a daily email conveniently containing each day’s devotional. If you are anywhere near the Sebring, Florida area and do not have a church home, I would be thrilled to welcome you at Bible Fellowship Church, located at 3750 Hammock Rd, Sebring, FL 33872! Click the link to check out service times and/or other special activities. God is at work among us! Please consider coming to worship with us!