DATE POSTED Tuesday, 2021-08-17
WRITTEN AT: Hattiesburg, MS
SCRIPTURE FROM: Deuteronomy 32:3-6
TRANSLATION: New Living Translation (NLT)
BIBLE TEXT: 3 I will proclaim the name of the Lord; how glorious is our God! 4 He is the Rock; his deeds are perfect. Everything he does is just and fair. He is a faithful God who does no wrong; how just and upright he is!
5 “But they have acted corruptly toward him; when they act so perversely,
are they really his children? They are a deceitful and twisted generation.
6 Is this the way you repay the Lord, you foolish and senseless people? Isn’t he your Father who created you? Has he not made you and established you?
APPLICATION: Although it might be extremely challenging for us to admit that we are just as ungrateful as the Israelites were, I believe that we should always look for ways to show appreciation to our Master. Here are some ways that I believe will help us to show our appreciation to our faithful God:
– -> Speak to Him at least daily – prayer;
– -> Listen to Him at least daily – Bible reading;
– -> Obey His commandments – not just the 10 given in the Old Testaments, but all the comands given by God for our good;
– -> Love God – you know how to show love to your parents, siblings, spouse, children and others, so show love to the God who created you and watches over you each and every day;
– -> Love your neighbor – Love God and love your neighbor are listed as the two most important commandments, and around which all the others are built. Your neighbor is someone that you cross paths with who has a need. Love them, by meeting their need;
– -> Worship the Lord your God – For those whom you love, respect and adore, you tend to worship. Make it dileberate to worship God, personally. You don’t need church services to worship God. In fact, if you worship God personally on a regular basis, you will be more apt to join other believers in worshipping God corporately. God is looking for our worship, not just the worship by other believers who may be near you;
– -> Obedience and unselfishness – Ask God to teach you to do the things that please Him most. We tend to always default to the things that come easy to us and that makes us feel good about ourselves. In showing appreciation to God, you should take your eyes off self, and look for ways to please and honor God. Remember, God knows your heart and He knows your very thoughts, so you fool yourself when you think you could fool God. Be honest with Him and give Him your heart;
We could never ‘repay’ God for all that He has done for us, but we can show our appreciation for all that He has done, and continues to do in blessing us every day! Please strive to never take for granted the God who gave up His only Son for your eternal benefit. He is worthy of our everlasting praise and honor!
BLESSING(S) NOTED: Show appreciation to God for His unending blessings towards us!
PRAYER: Lord, I am thankful that You are so gracious to us, even though our praise in return may appear weak and almost non-existent at times. Thank You Lord for all Your mercies and for all that You have done for us. Please forgive us for our ungratefulness and, make us ever so aware of your goodness. Thank You for Jesus and thank You for eternal life, that is only possible because of Jesus. You blessed the Israelites and we tend to jump on their case for being so ungrateful, but Lord, I need to ask You to touch our hearts so that we would never be found guilty of being ungrateful. You are our King, and we adore You Lord Jesus. Please forgive us of our sins and fill us with grateful hearts to always praise and worship You oh Savior divine. AMEN!
FOOTNOTE: There are two more pages on my blog that will provide you with additional information, one of them being ‘To Know Jesus’. If you have been challenged to make a decision today after reading this devotional, please click on the above page, or speak with a local Bible Teaching Pastor, or contact me at NuggetsFromGodsWord@outlook.com. Please allow someone to pray with you and give you help and/or encouragement as you begin, or continue your walk with Jesus. Words underlined in my blog might indicate a link to a song that came to mind as I wrote the devotional. Feel free to click on the link and listen as you continue to read or pray. If this devotional was forwarded to you and you would like to see more, please go to Nuggets From God’s Word and read more, or you may freely subscribe for a daily email conveniently containing each day’s devotional. You may also visit me on Spotify and listen to Nuggets while you’re out and about. I would encourage you to find a church home near by your home, and attend as frequently as you could. Get to know God, and allow His people to encourage and strengthen you in your Christian walk, while making every effort to be a blessing to them. God is at work among His people! Please consider growing in your faith, as you worship with fellow believers!