|Psalm 37:3-7 (NCV)|
3 Trust the Lord and do good.
7 Wait and trust the Lord.
|This is a very positive Psalm where David gives those of us who trust in the Lord some very positive actions: Do good; Feed on the truth; Enjoy serving the Lord; Depend on the Lord; Trust in the Lord; Wait on the Lord; Don’t envy others who get rich or succeed. In concentrating on these things, our goodness and fairness will shine like the sun!|
|I found that some of these very things that David mentioned, are some of the very things that Christians struggle with today. So I believe that it is important that we take note of key points that David teaches us on how to achieve favor with God and be happy in our life experiences:
Friends, verse 6 sums up our rewards in ways that this world cannot understand or appreciate: our goodness will become obvious, and our fairness will be recognized just as the noonday sun! In other words, our efforts to be like Jesus and show His goodness to the world will please God and ultimately bless us in return! Glory to God for His goodness to us, His humble servants!
|Dear Father, thank You for using Your servant David to encourage us to live our lives pleasing You and blessing others. Lord, You bless us in so many ways and we are eternally thankful. May we be encouraged through Your Word today to be Your hands extended to those in need, and may we love and encourage just as You have done for us, so that You may be glorified in all that we do and say. AMEN!|
|There are two more pages on my blog that will provide you with additional information, one of them being ‘To Know Jesus’. If you have been challenged to make a decision today after reading this devotional, please click on the above page, or speak with a local Bible Teaching Pastor, or contact me at NuggetsFromGodsWord@outlook.com. Please allow someone to pray with you and give you help and/or encouragement as you begin, or continue your walk with Jesus. Words underlined in my blog could indicate a link to a song that came to mind as I wrote the devotional. Feel free to click on the link and listen as you continue to read or pray. If this devotional was forwarded to you and you would like to see more, please go to Nuggets From God’s Word and read more, or you may freely to subscribe for a daily email conveniently containing each day’s devotional. If you are anywhere near the Highlands County, Florida area and do not have a church home, I would be thrilled to welcome you at Bible Fellowship Church, located at 3750 Hammock Rd, Sebring, FL 33872! Click the link to check out service times and/or other special activities. God is at work among us! Please consider coming to worship with us!|
Posts tagged ‘Do good’
The Holy Bible
15 So be very careful how you live. Do not live like those who are not wise, but live wisely. 16 Use every chance you have for doing good, because these are evil times. 17 So do not be foolish but learn what the Lord wants you to do. 18 Do not be drunk with wine, which will ruin you, but be filled with the Spirit. 19 Speak to each other with psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, singing and making music in your hearts to the Lord. 20 Always give thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
(Bible Translation and Location: New Century Version – Ephesians 5:15-20)
I believe that most of us would agree that our lives are more fulfilled when we feel good about something we have done, or when we receive compliments about something we have done. I don’t believe this is selfish pride, but rather, it helps us to know that our time here on earth has not been in vain. To achieve this fulfillment in the way God ordained, we are given some tips by Paul in these verses, for we are taught to:
- Be careful how we live – I believe this can also be interpreted to live your life intentionally. Don’t just let it happen. Think about it, we would never intentionally plan for failure. However, if we don’t plan for success, guess what will probably result? Based on all of the verses, I believe we are being taught to carefully plan our lives based on God’s will for our lives. So let’s constantly be in the Word so that we might carefully seek His perfect will;
- Do good at every opportunity – yes even amidst the darkness and evil around us. We are called to be children of Light, and to be that ‘light’ we must be totally opposite from the evil and darkness. With God’s help, we can be just that.
- Learn what God wants you to do – another Bible verse says that we are to ‘seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you’. When we just let life happen, we live by the influences of the world (Satan), so it is impossible for us to live any differently to the rest of the world. Let’s seek God daily and learn to wait on Him for what we should do, for His will is perfect!
- Be filled with the Spirit – When we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior, He gives us the Comforter, His Holy Spirit, to live inside us. Each day we become stained with the effects of sin that is so prevalent everywhere we go, so let’s plead with God to refill us each day so that we might be ready to protect ourselves from the evil one. With God’s Holy Spirit active inside of us, and us being personally ready to listen to, and obey Him, we can face this world and overcome its evil desires;
- Replace gossip with praise and worship – This not only gives the world insight into who’s inside of us, but it also centers our lives on Jesus, instead of the ill that comes from gossiping about each other. This is a very positive change for us that will bless our heart!
- Always give thanks – not just at Thanksgiving, but daily look for things to give God praise and thanksgiving for. You may not be able to ignore the painful left arm, but you can praise Him with your right arm! Get the drift? Find things to praise God for, because things could always be worse, just look at those around you!
There was an old saying: ‘If it’s to be, it’s up to me’! With God’s help, we can make this old saying a reality friend! Commit to living a life filled with the Holy Spirit!
Lord, there is so much that we can whine and complain about, but there is so much more for the Christian who committed their life to You and who requests a ‘top-off’ of Your Holy Spirit each day, for greater is He that is in us than he who is in this world! You are my King, and I humbly ask that You fill, and refill me each day with Your awesome Holy Spirit so that I may have strength, boldness and confidence to be a child of Light to those around me who are so steeped in the darkness of sin and its master, Satan. I also plead that You might influence each reader today to commit in a similar way. We cannot live the life You intended for us to live, without You being in charge. May we be open to Your leading today, is my humble plea oh Lord, that I ask in Your precious and holy name, AMEN!
FOOTNOTE: If you have been challenged to make a decision today after reading this devotional, please speak with a local Bible Teaching pastor, or contact me at NuggetsFromGodsWord@outlook.com so that we can pray with you and give you help and or encouragement as you begin, or continue your walk with Jesus. Any words underlined above will indicate a link to a song that came to mind as I wrote the devotional. Feel free to click on the link and listen as you continue to read or pray. If this devotional was forwarded to you and you would like to see more, please go to blogger.nuggetsfromgodsword.org and read more, or you may freely subscribe for a daily email conveniently containing each day’s devotional. If you are anywhere near the Highlands County, Florida area and do not have a church home, I would be thrilled to welcome you at Bible Fellowship Church, Sebring, FL! Click the link to check out service times and/or other special activities. God is at work among us! Please consider coming to worship with us!